1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
Loves: Koigu, Knit Picks Wool of the Andes, Cascade 220, Caron Simply Soft, Joanns Sensations Angel Hair (i am really not too picky as long as it is soft or feltable!!)
Hates: Red Heart Super Saver, Dishcloth cotton
2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
well i have multiple sets of needles such as the Denise set as well as both knit picks sets which stay in their original cases but loose circulars i store in a plastic bin/drawer. straights i store in one of those artist brush roll up fabric thingy!
3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
i have been knitting off and on since i was a senior in high school (8 years total). tht year in school one of the councelors started a knitting group that met during our club time. she was very popular and many people joined her group and began knitting in class. i had one of my classmates teach me and we knitted all through our senior year! it was awesome! that club still exists and now they knit things and auction the items to raise money for various charities.
i would consider my self an intermediate knitter with many things still to learn!
4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
yes i do, find a link to the list on the right side of the blog -->
5. What's your favorite scent?
ocean smells and citrus and the smell of things baking in the oven
6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
i am much more of a salty person (chips, crackers) but i do love those new Reeses Whips! yum! i also love fireballs, hot tamales, and gum!
7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
i am somewhat into scrapbooking, i don't do it as much as i would like mainly due to a lack of space. i dabble in some beading. i love to make earrings and stitch markers. i haven't gotten much past those two things yet!
i am interested in spinning and own a drop spindle. i haven't taken it out for a spin (haha) yet! i think i will love it but i just can't have another hobby right now! one day when i have more space i will get a wheel! give me time! ;)
8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
i love whatever is popular at the time. i listen to lots of pop, very little rap, love country (i live in nashville ;) ), some christian. i hate jazz and blues! yes, my computer can play MP3s.
9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand?
Favorites: blues, greens, purples, pinks, brown, greys
10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
i am a single almost 25 y/o who is trying desperately to pay off her enormous student loans by living with my parents, using the money that i would use for rent towards my student loans! i do have one cat that i absolutley adore! her name is alley!
11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
no to hats and ponchos. yes to scarves. i am planning a pair of those convertible type mittens this fall. i think i would love those! still functional and still cute!
12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
LOVE to make felted purses and other felted items! i also love to make prayer shawls. i also have a special love of making baby items even though i don't have one of my own!
13. What are you knitting right now?
on the needles right now is a prayer shawl, log cabin blanket, rib scarf, Koigu shawl
14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
love handmade gifts! it is so special to receive something that someone has planned and made specifically for you!
15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
i prefer circulars hands down! occasionally i will want to work with straights but they must be the short ones! i love my denise set so i guess plastic but i also love my knit picks metal set. i love the pointy tips on both of those sets!
16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
yes i have both! and both are well loved and used!
17. How old is your oldest UFO?
well i have to admit 7 years old. i started a blanket not long after i taught myself to crochet. it is a single crochet solid color blanket and it is huge! what was i thinking???
18. What is your favorite holiday?
i love christmas because i absolutely love to give things to other people. i love planning christmas gifts, making christmas gifts, and giving christmas gifts! don't get me wrong recieving them is pretty great as well!
19. Is there anything that you collect?
things with butterflies or flamingos on them! i know it is odd but there are stories behind them both!
20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
i am intrigued by the lace patterns of Sivia Harding. i love the diamond fantasy shawl and even recently bought the yarn! one day soon i am going to work on that sucker! i have been dying to get my hands on some cashmere and the handmaiden sea silk.
i do not have a subscription to any magazine.
21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
magic loop for socks, lace, double knitting, entralac, color work
22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
i just recently completed my first sock class and i think i am hooked! what a great to go project!
my foot measurements:
- ankle bone to the floor (for the heel flap) - 3 in.
- around the ankle and it's narrowest (for the leg of the sock) 10 in.
- around the ball of the foot (usually about the same as around the ankle, for the foot part of the sock) 9.5 in.
- with the heel against a wall, the length of the foot using the tip of the longest toe as the end point (so you know how long to knit the foot of the sock) 9.5
- height from floor that the sock should go up the leg (this minus the heel flap is how long to knit the top of the sock) 6 in.
23. When is your birthday?
July 91th, yep it is during the swap time! yoohoo! i love my birthday! ;)
24. Are you on Ravelry? If so, what's your ID?